Monday, May 15, 2017

Meet the Author: Daryl-Jarod, Author of Silk: The Complete Trilogy





Daryl-Jarod is an Amazon best-selling author, recording artist, and actor. Born and raised in Hopkins, South Carolina, he always had big dreams of pursuing a career in entertainment.

As a child he'd write short stories and songs, which later aided him in transitioning into the talented storyteller he is today. His writing career all began with a short poem he composed in third grade entitled, "My Teacher is Neat", which was selected to be featured in a publication of poems from talented students throughout the state. The encouragement of his mother, teachers, and peers, pushed him to continue writing.

Years later, he is now the author of Silk, an acclaimed erotic series that debuted atop of Amazon's Best-Seller Erotica charts. With many more book releases in the works, he has also displayed his skills as a singer-songwriter and rapper on his debut mixtape, "The Liberation of Daryl-Jarod". Despite consistently maintaining a busy schedule, he always kept his acting goals in sight as he graduated from Coker College with a BA in Theatre Performance.

Daryl-Jarod is hard at work on various new literary projects and his upcoming EP.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK




Title: SILK: THE COMPLETE TRILOGY
Author: Daryl-Jarod
Publisher: Daryl-Jarod Entertainment
Pages: 270
Genre: Erotica

From the vivid imagination of Daryl-Jarod, comes the long-awaited collection of the Amazon Best-Selling erotic series, Silk. Included are all 24 original jaw-dropping erotic stories, along with the brand-new tale, Pink Fortress, which reveals just how outrageously wild things become when an Uber driver falls for a sultry passenger. Sit back, relax, grab a lover and unwind, as Daryl-Jarod takes you on a wild erotic ride filled with unfaithful lovers, lustful thrills and the truly astounding power of romance and love. Caution! Erotica just got hotter!

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Amazon | Barnes & Noble



What first inspired you to write or who inspired you?

I truly believe my mom has always been the inspiration behind my love for writing. As a kid, she’d faithfully read to me every night and I think that helped me appreciate books the way I do now.

At what age did you know you wanted to be a writer?

In fourth grade, I discovered my talent after my English teacher submitted a poem I wrote to be included in a collection of work. But I didn’t truly realize I wanted to take writing seriously until I reached middle school. I penned a short story entitled, “Trapped”, that centered around the life of a woman enduring an abusive marriage. I ended up passing it around to my English teacher and classmates. Their encouragement really gave me the idea that I could possibly someday become a published author.

Do you take notes when reading or watching a movie?

I don’t. I usually take notes at the most unusual times. Sometimes I’ll have a dream about a story idea or a unique character, so I’ll hop up out of bed to jot it down before I forget. Ideas even come to me while I’m driving or in the middle of deep conversations. My brain is always working!

Can you name three writing tips to pass on to aspiring authors?

That’s an excellent question!

My first tip would be to never take your first draft seriously. I go through countless rewrites and situations the characters go through tend to change. The draft is just the first step. Just focus on finishing that and revise the story later.

My second tip is don’t be afraid to open up and let others read your work. I used to be so secretive that I wouldn’t allow anyone to even take a glimpse at what I was working on because I felt it was so sacred. But from experience, I’ve learned it can help a great deal if you grant people you trust the opportunity to look over your work. They can catch typos you’ve overlooked and offer advice on how you can make your storyline better. They can easily serve as beta readers or free editors!

My final tip is to write as often as you can! Even if it’s only five to ten minutes a day. As writers, we need to always work on expanding and developing our craft.

What hours do you write best?

I’m a night owl so I’ve discovered I work best at night. Sometimes, I’ll stay up all night just to finish mapping out what’s on my mind.


Are you an avid reader?

Yes! I believe reading as much as you can to be essential if one desires to be a great writer.

What are you reading now?

Right now, I’m currently reading “The Power of I Am” by Joel Osteen, “The Power of Positive Thinking” by Norman Vincent Peale, and “Vengeance” by Zane.

What are you currently working on?

I’m currently working on a new eShort for the holidays, as well as finalizing a full-length erotic romance entitled, “Sweat”.

*Thank you so much for the interview! J


No comments:

Post a Comment