Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Meet the Author: Amber Leigh Williams & Win $50 B&N Gift Card!




Amber Leigh Williams is a Harlequin romance writer who lives on the US Gulf Coast. She lives for beach days, the smell of real books, and spending time with her husband and their two young children. When she’s not keeping up with rambunctious little ones (and two large dogs), she can usually be found reading a good book or indulging her inner foodie. Amber is represented by the D4EO Literary Agency.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | GOODREADS




Title: WOOING THE WEDDING PLANNER
Author: Amber Leigh Williams
Publisher: Harlequin (Superromance)
Pages: 380
Genre: Series Romance/Contemporary Romance/Superromance
No more wedding marches for her! 

Wedding planner Roxie Honeycutt can make happy-ever-after come true for anyone except herself. Freshly divorced and done with love, she's okay with watching clients walk down the aisle. What's not okay? Sharing a charming Victorian house with accountant Byron Strong. He's frustratingly sexy and determined to keep her confused. 

Roxie thought Byron's expertise was numbers, yet somehow he sees her for who she really is. Somehow he understands the hurt she hides behind a trademark smile. Suddenly romance is tempting again, even if it means risking another heartbreak.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Amazon



At what age did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I discovered writing in third grade. For a long time, it was a secret thing I did for fun at the end of every day. At the time, I shared a room with my sister so I think it grew out of a desire for personal time or the quiet that writing commands. I didn’t know writing could be a profession until I was older.

Can you name three writing tips to pass on to aspiring authors?

Write every day, even if it’s only a few words; don’t wait for inspiration. Writer’s block is simply perfectionism and procrastination joining hands to put distance between you and the end goal so try to avoid both. Challenge yourself not to compete with what other writers have done. Instead, challenge yourself to be a better writer than you were yesterday.

Do you let unimportant things get in the way of your writing?

Before I had children, yes. Then I could write at any point of the day. Now I have two young children and I have to prioritize during the hours I’m able to set aside for work because if I don’t write then I likely won’t get a chance until tomorrow.

What hours do you write best?

I’m a stay-at-home mom so the daytime hours are dedicated to my children. After putting them to bed, my husband and I spend several minutes together. Then I brew my tea and sit down to write. My peak hours are anywhere from 9pm to 3am. I was a night-writer before I had children, though, so as long as I’m alert enough to write the schedule feels natural.

What are you reading now?

I’m rereading a book I read years ago for reference on my next manuscript for Harlequin Superromance. The hero is handicapped so I’m learning how handicapped people cope with various environments, how their reactions might differ from someone free of disabilities. It’s my goal to do the character as well as those handicapped in real life justice.

What are you currently working on?

I recently completed work on my fifth Superromance book. It will be released later this year. I’ll begin writing the sixth book within the next few weeks.

 

Amber is giving away a $50 B&N Gift Card!

Terms & Conditions:
  • By entering the giveaway, you are confirming you are at least 18 years old.
  • One winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter to receive a $50 B&N Gift Card.
  • This giveaway ends midnight April 28.
Good luck everyone!

ENTER TO WIN!


 

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment