Thursday, January 5, 2017

Guest Author: Krystal Lawrence, author of 'Cat O'Nine Tales'



Krystal Lawrence lives in the Pacific Northwest. She is the author of three novels—— two vampire stories, Risen and Risen II: The Progeny, and a trilogy entitled, Be Careful What You Wish For which is currently under consideration to be turned into a television series. Cat O’Nine Tales is Krystal’s first and much anticipated collection of short stories. Her books are available through Amazon and all major book retailers.

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK


About the Book:

What evil dwells within the pretty lady next door or the ordinary house cat?
What happens when you pursue your dreams into the desert after dark?
Beware the man borne of your imagination. He could seek vengeance on the one who created him.
Visit a bookstore offering a most alluring and sinister service.
Journey to the dark side with ten twisted tales of horror, malevolence, and the truly uncanny.

Amazon | Barnes & Noble



What first inspired you to write or who inspired you?

I began writing fiction about sixteen years ago. I found it very cathartic after a break-up. (It’s always about a boy isn’t it?)

Has writing always been a passion for you or did you discover it years later?

I have always been a very right-brained and creative person. I started out as a child actress and then hosted a radio show in my twenties. It wasn’t until my first story idea was born that I discovered my true north was writing and that wasn’t until my thirties.

Do you have a day job?  What do you do?

No, writing is all I do now.

Do you let unimportant things get in the way of your writing?

That’s a great question. I work hard not let the trivial troubles of everyday life interfere with a work in process. I’m not always successful, but when I can succeed at blocking out the distraction, I often find answers to other issues when I let the creative juices take over and devote myself to my craft. I find that solves both things, the need to finish a story and the need to solve whatever is distracting me at the moment.

What hours do you write best?

I’m not sure if the late night hours are when I do my best writing, or if that’s just when my creativity seems to reach its highest levels.  I find my best story ideas and writing happen after the stroke of midnight for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with my genre… I’m really not sure.

Are you an avid reader?

I am a very voracious reader and I enjoy a wide variety of different genres, even some non-fiction. But my all-time favorites will always be the writers who share my genre. I love the old-school horror, like Algernon Blackwood and of course Lovecraft. Of the newer generation, my favorite is Stephen King.

What are you currently working on?

I am writing my fifth book, Phone Calls From Hell. I hope to have it completed by the end of 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment