Wednesday, December 7, 2016

INTERVIEW: Suzanne Eglington, author of 'Beckham 101'


Suzanne Eglington is the author of the Kate and Robert Chronicles series. The three-book series follows the unfolding romance of top cop Robert Beckham and the ravishing Kate Quinn. The titles in the series are Inceptions, You and I, and the recently released Beckham 101. A fourth book in the Kate and Robert Chronicles series is forthcoming.

Suzanne currently resides in Central Massachusetts with her family.
 

WEBSITE 


About the Book:

BECKHAM 101 is the third installment in the Kate and Robert Chronicles by author Suzanne Eglington. Eglington invites readers into the intimate inner world of the newly wedded duo as they learn to navigate life as a committed couple. Settling down brings new perspectives and people into Kate’s and Robert’s lives, along with the exposure of more of Robert’s mysterious past. For Kate, being married to a top cop means managing both desire and reality.
Following a one-week courtship, Kate submits to her love for Robert, an intense super cop who has been patiently waiting for his opportunity to seize the one women he truly desires. Their quick marriage means frequent amorous entanglements, but it also means that Kate’s knowledge of her new husband’s personal history is limited. Kate must steady herself to cope with the slow unveiling of her husband’s past.
Being the wife of an influential and respected police officer means a change in lifestyle for Kate. Robert is fiercely protective of his wife and enjoys spending as much of his free time with her as possible. Marriage to Robert means Kate has inherited a family of high-performing cops who not only open their hearts for her but also provide protection when ghosts from Robert’s past threaten to harm her.         
In BECKHAM 101, the author introduces new characters into the series, including Robert’s best friend, Jimmy and Kate’s wise and skilled Uncle Jack. As with the two previous books in the Kate and Robert Chronicles, Eglington’s mission is to offer readers a respite from their daily lives. “First and foremost,” Eglington says she wants her readers to feel “I have entertained you with my characters and possibly left a lasting enjoyable impression that fed the passion and intensity of the love between Kate and Robert. Second, that I was able to take you away from your everyday routine to enjoy some downtime with a story you are falling in love with.” Beyond the steamy intimacy and the thread of danger embedded in her stories, Eglington’s books also highlight the lives of cops. “My stories are about the lives cops lead away from the police department. I want readers to think of the men behind the badge and the people who could be in their lives.”
By gradually revealing some elements of Robert’s past in BECKHAM 101, Eglington is priming readers for the fourth book in this sexy and suspense-filled series.

Amazon | Barnes & Noble



What first inspired you to write or who inspired you?

I was inspired to write upon going through my own personal divorce at the time. I needed a diversion to “take me away” from what I was personally going through and that is how The Kate and Robert Chronicles came to fruition.

At what age did you know you wanted to be a writer?

My first attempt was when I was pregnant with my first son at the age of 34. I never even finished that story.

Do you take notes when reading or watching a movie?

Never took notes, I only started reading about six years ago when a friend of mine suggested I read Stephenie Meyers “Twlight”. I complained to her daily from the first 4 chapters as she encouraged me to keep reading. It was the 5th chapter that hooked me and the first book away from school that I finished cover to cover. As far as movies those I strictly enjoy when I the time allows for it.


Has writing always been a passion for you or did you discover it years later?

I discovered it much later in life and it truly has become a passion.

Do you have a day job?  What do you do?

Oh yes, I do have a day job. I am the Director of Operations for a roofing company. My father, a successful man in my eyes, always said that work was the biggest interruption of his day… So true dad!

Can you name three writing tips to pass on to aspiring authors?

Yes tip number 1: Start!
Tip number 2: Do not weigh yourself down by keep going back and changing or correcting as you write. This will cripple you.
Tip number 3: Finish your story. You can go back after.

Do you let unimportant things get in the way of your writing?

Never! And sometimes I don’t even let the important things get in the way. I have been known that sometimes caffeinated beverages can replace several meals for me and that the house work can wait a few days…

What hours do you write best?

For me there are no set hours. Like right now, I have been up since 2 am writing.

How often do you write?

As much as my life lets me. Like right now I am writing a Y A fantasy/sci fi
Kind of like Clash of the Titans – Fantasy. This is a whole genre I do not know about so the story is constantly playing in my head and I am writing as much as I can away from my day job.

Are you an avid reader?

Unfortunately not at this moment, with writing and learning this book industry has taken up a lot of time. I hope to get back to my favorite authors and their works when I get some down time.

What are you reading now?

Roofing Contracts…


What are you currently working on?

I am currently working on the final phase to getting my 4th installment  She’s got the Jack: The Kate and Robert Chronicles out and available. I am also polishing up the 5th book from the series to submit for editing and This new Fantasy/ Sci Fi story.

No comments:

Post a Comment