Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Tiger's Cage: Interview with Suspense Author Linda J. White



Linda J. White is the author of multiple FBI thrillers including the HOLT Medallion-winning “Seeds of Evidence.” She lives in Fauquier County, Virginia with her husband Larry, who worked at the FBI Academy for over 27 years. When she’s not writing she likes playing with dogs and her grandchildren and going to the beach.

Her latest book is the suspense novel, The Tiger’s Cage.

For More Information
About the Book:

FBI Special Agent Tom Donovan is about to nail the drug lord he’s been investigating when Angel Ramos does the unthinkable: He kidnaps Tom’s eighteen-year-old son, Kenny. The FBI responds with a powerful show of force but Ramos manages to elude them. Tom is furious, his wife is terrified, and their son is forced to confront evil face-to-face.
Tom devises a brilliant plan to rescue his son, but on a windy, rainy night in Washington, his past collides with his present in a dramatic turn of events, and Tom discovers his greatest strength isn’t his at all. 

The Tiger’s Cage is a story of courage, faith, and endurance in a violent world.

For More Information

  • The Tiger’s Cage is available at Amazon.
  • Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads.

What first inspired you to write or who inspired you?

My husband worked at the FBI Academy for 27 years, making video training films, many of which were dramatic. My kids grew up arresting each other in the back yard. One night, I got the idea for a story about an FBI agent, and off I went.

At what age did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I was always good at writing and I was a voracious reader. But I had no idea I wanted to be a novelist until I was past forty.

Do you take notes when reading or watching a movie?

Once I started writing my first novel, I studied the work of other writers to discover their techniques. Yes, I took notes in the books, made charts, and analyzed plots. I’m not much of a movie-watcher.

Do you have a day job?  What do you do?

When I first started working on novels I was a mom at home. Later, I got a job at our local newspaper, and worked for fifteen years as the assistant editorial-page editor. It was just a different kind of writing!

Can you name three writing tips to pass on to aspiring authors?

1.      Be humble; learn the craft.
2.      Persist. It takes a long time to break through.
3.      Don’t believe what you see on TV cop shows. Write authentically.

What hours do you write best?

I like to write in the morning, edit in the evening. I need a good three or four hours to really get into my story world and make progress. Editing I can do in smaller chunks.

Are you an avid reader?

I always have been. I can remember lying under the dining room table when I was a kid, reading “The Black Stallion,” Nancy Drew, and other favorites. In the summer, I’d pretend to be sleeping in when I was really reading a book under the covers.

What are you reading now?

I’m reading “The Nightingale” by Kristin Hannah, “Simplify” by Joshua Becker, and “The Bones Will Speak,” by Carrie Stuart Parks. Yes, all at once.

What are you currently working on?

My agent is shopping a book based on the 2002 D.C. Sniper case. I not only lived through that scary time, but I wrote about it and reported on it for a radio news service. I’m also working on a novella about a 17-year old girl who is secretly dating a 25-year-old man with bad intentions.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring The Tiger's Cage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Searching for the Best Dating Site? Join to find your perfect date.

    ReplyDelete