Friday, February 5, 2016

10 Confessions: Michelle Bellon, author of 'The Fire Inside'




10 Confessions from Authors is our newest feature!  Here you will find authors from all walks of life and all genres telling us their top ten confessions.  Our guest today is Michelle Bellon, author of the new age fiction, The Fire Inside.






1. My biggest book crush on one of my own characters is Seth McCullough from His Salvation. He’s both dark and troubled, yet sensitive and sweet. A perfect combination. Interestingly enough, I ended up falling in love with a man named Seth later on and we’re now engaged. J

2.  My biggest crush on a character from someone else’s book is Jamie Fraser from Outlander. This is my all-time favorite book and it’s mainly because Jamie is so swoon worthy. And it’s an excellent story written exquisitely well. LOVE IT!

3. 
I’m obsessed with superheroes and have been since I was four years old and first fell in love with Superman. He and Batman are my favorites. I’ve always wanted to create my own superhero so that’s exactly what I’m doing with my current work in progress.

4.  I have a serious addiction to chapstick. I know that’s not about writing but the struggle is still real.

5.  I sometimes forget the names of characters or details of the plot from my older books so that when a reader starts talking to me about it, I have to fake like I know what they’re talking about until my memory finally catches up. It’s terrible. They all start blending together after a while, you know?

6.  Sometimes, when someone is talking to me, I zone out because I’m silently writing a scene in my head. That’s so rude. I know. I can’t help it.

7.  I’m known for writing dark, flawed characters. Every one of my main characters struggles with personal demons. For me, it’s the crux of the story, beyond the plot. I’ve tried to write simple, formulaic heroes and heroines but it just doesn’t work for me. I always end up throwing in some sort of twisted scenario for at least one of my characters.

8.  Confession number 8. I don’t think I’m creative enough to write ten of these. I’m not that interesting. HAHA!

9.  Speaking of creative- I have to admit that every time I finish a book I’m shocked. It still baffles me that I’m able to come up with these stories and actually put them into coherent, interesting sentences. I had no idea that I could do this.

10.  People ask me if I celebrate every time I release a new book or win an award. The answer is no. I’ve never once celebrated any of my writing endeavors. I have a set goal that I must achieve before I feel like I have the right to celebrate. A certain amount of success is just out of reach and I have to attain it before I can allow myself to be proud of what I’ve done. That sounds a bit harsh and intense, but I’m just that way.
However, when I do attain those specific goals, you can bet your butt that I’ll throw a sweet party.


About the Author




Michelle Bellon lives in the Pacific Northwest with her four children and boyfriend, Seth. She loves coffee and has an addiction to chapstick.

She works at a surgery center as a registered nurse and in her spare time writes novels. She writes in the genres of romance suspense, young adult, women’s fiction, and literary fiction. She has won four literary awards to include making finalist in the New Age category in the USA Book Awards for her latest release, The Fire Inside.

For More Information
About the Book:



Title: The Fire Inside
Author: Michelle Bellon
Publisher: Booktrope
Pages: 206
Genre: New Age Fiction

Aiden, a doting husband and father, had the perfect life - a job he loved, a beautiful son, and a loving wife. In an instant, everything is taken from him and Aiden believes his life is over. Falling into a deep depression Aiden all but gives up on his job, his friends and himself. But when a mysterious force grants him the power to heal those around him, Aiden is forced to pull himself out of his misery in favor of the greater good. When he meets Ryan, a hardened, pessimistic teenager living on the streets, and Norma, a woman whose marriage is crumbling around her, Aiden acknowledges that maybe life still has a purpose and this ability to heal may be more powerful than he ever imagined.

For More Information





No comments:

Post a Comment