Tuesday, February 9, 2016

10 Confessions: Laura Trentham, author of A Brazen Bargain




10 Confessions from Authors is our newest feature!  Here you will find authors from all walks of life and all genres telling us their top ten confessions.  Our guest today is Laura Trentham, author of the Regency historical romance, A Brazen Bargain.





1.      I don’t preplot any of my books. Sometimes I’m *shocked* at what my characters get up to! Those moments are my favorite part of writing.
2.      A Brazen Bargain is the book that landed me an agent. But it wasn’t the first book I wrote, so aspiring authors out there…Don’t give up. Keep on writing!
3.      I don’t wear any jewelry besides my wedding ring, so I have to sometimes go back and put jewelry on my characters since most “normal” women wear it.
4.      Two minutes before I turn a book into my editor, I think it’s the greatest thing the world has ever seen! Two seconds after I hit send, I’m convinced I’ve just sent my editor a virtual pile of steaming donkey doo.
5.      I love to write alpha tough heroes with sensitive souls, but hate manwhores. Unlike lots of Regency romances out there, you’ll never find a manwhore rake in mine.
6.      I actually don’t enjoy book release days. I find them stressful and I end up drinking lots (and lots and lots) of wine.
7.      After five books, the cover of A Brazen Bargain is the first time the couple pictured has actually looked like how I imagined my characters! It’s also my favorite cover to date. I love it!
8.      Sex scenes are my favorite things to write!
9.      I’m addicted to my phone and have to put it out of reach if I expect to get any writing done.
10.  Just like I read more than one book at a time, I work on multiple books at the same time. Right now it’s two historicals and one contemporary. I work on which ever one is moving along faster!

About the Author



An award-winning author, Laura Trentham was born and raised in a small town in Tennessee. Although, she loved English and reading in high school, she was convinced an English degree equated to starvation. She chose the next most logical major—Chemical Engineering—and worked in a hard hat and steel toed boots for several years.

She writes sexy, small town contemporaries and smoking hot Regency historicals. The first two books of her Falcon Football series were named Top Picks by RT Book Reviews magazine. When not lost in a cozy Southern town or Regency England, she's shuttling kids to soccer, helping with homework, and avoiding the Mt. Everest-sized pile of laundry that is almost as large as the to-be-read pile of books on her nightstand.

Her latest book is the Regency historical romance, A Brazen Bargain.
For More Information
About the Book:




Love soothes the deepest of scars.

Minerva Bellingham is at her wits’ end. Her younger brother, Simon, will have them penniless and on the streets if his extravagant gambling habit isn’t curtailed. An enormous debt to Lord Rafe Drummond is the final indignity.

Signing over her dowry is their only choice. Until Lord Drummond suggests something much more scandalous. She can keep her dowry—in exchange for the Bellinghams working three months as a housemaid and stable boy.

Scarred from his service to the Crown, Rafe recognizes the young Simon Bellingham has the makings of a good duke. Minerva is a different story. Her pure, delicate beauty only underscores Rafe’s tarnished, bleak soul.

Yet he delights in cracking Minerva’s icy reserve to reveal a fiery, stubborn woman. And Minerva discovers the gruff master of Wintermarsh has the heart of a poet. But before they can find a future safe in each other’s arms, a menace from Simon’s licentious past slithers back into their lives, forcing Rafe to plan the most important rescue mission of his life.

Warning: Contains a paragon of the beau monde who gets the hang of polishing silver, and a master of the house who’d like her to make his bed—preferably with him in it. Also passion unleashed with the mere touch of a finger. Readers are encouraged to swoon.

For More Information

No comments:

Post a Comment