Wednesday, January 6, 2016

10 Confessions by Romantic Women's Fiction Author Patricia Yager Delagrange




10 Confessions from Authors is our newest feature!  Here you will find authors from all walks of life and all genres telling us their top ten confessions.  Our guest today is Patricia Yager Delagrange, author of the romantic women's fiction, Moon Over Alcatraz.

1. I’m a vegetarian and my favorite dinner is a flour tortilla filled with sharp cheddar cheese and kidney beans, grilled in a frying pan with no butter or grease.

2. My favorite beverage is caffeine-free Coke. Not diet coke. Just plain Coke.

3. I am in love with a big black Friesian horse named Maximus. I bought him in 2004 when he was four years old and we’re still together. He’s now 15 and my favorite thing to do with him is ride on the trail, alone, with no one else accompanying us. It’s so cool to be in the middle of the woods with no one around.

4. I never thought I’d have more than one dog at a time. Now we have three: two chocolate labs. Annabella and her son Jack, who are 10 and 8 years old. We got our first rescue dog, Shay, a year ago. She’s a chihuahua/terrier mix and both my labs tolerate her. Little dogs are very, very different than big dogs in personality and demeanor. I have a preference.

5. My daughter Allessandra looks exactly like her brother Dylan and my sister Heidi. And she’s adopted. Go figure.

6. I love to watch my favorite movies over and over and over. Some I’ve seen twenty or thirty times.

7. When I’m angry, I drive too fast.

8. I don’t like to swim because it ruins my hair which is highlighted and costs a lot of money to have done. Also, swimming makes my make-up run and I hate that.

9. I call my son Dylan “Bert” which is a short form of Dylbert. Go figure.

10.  I only wear men’s basketball shoes because they’re so comfortable and have a lot of support but I never tie the laces. I take them on and off by just slipping them off.

Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Patricia attended St. Mary’s College, studied her junior year at the University of Madrid, received a B.A. in Spanish at UC Santa Barbara then went on to get a Master’s degree in Education at Oregon State University. She lives with her husband and two teenage children in Alameda, across the bay from San Francisco, along with two very large chocolate labs, Annabella and Jack. Her Friesian horse Maximus lives in the Oakland hills in a stall with a million dollar view.
Her latest book is the romantic women’s fiction, Moon Over Alcatraz.
For More Information
About the Book:

Brandy Chambers was looking forward to the birth of her first child. She and Weston move from San Francisco to the small town of Alameda to start a family, she’s writing her second book, and Weston
has a fantastic job working on the Oakland-San Francisco Bay Bridge project. Having this baby would make her already-wonderful life perfect.

But when the baby dies after a difficult birth, Brandy’s perfect life blows up in her face. Stricken with grief, she and Weston pull apart. This new distance leads them both to disaster. Not until a chance encounter with her high school friend, Edward Barnes, does Brandy pull herself together. Brandy and Weston agree to recommit to each other, striving to forgive infidelity and recreate their previous existence.

Everything is once again going according to plan—until Brandy discovers she’s pregnant. While she struggles to cope with this new obstacle, Edward Barnes returns to town and discovers she’s having a baby, while Weston is torn between his love for his wife and his anger at her betrayal. Can Brandy manage to keep her marriage to Weston together? Will Edward be a part of Brandy’s life if she and Weston separate?

For More Information


No comments:

Post a Comment