Monday, January 11, 2016

10 Confessions: Angelina Goode, author of 'The Average Girl'




10 Confessions from Authors is our newest feature!  Here you will find authors from all walks of life and all genres telling us their top ten confessions.  Our guest today is Angelina Goode, author of the romantic comedy, The Average Girl.






1. It took me five years to write The Average Girl. At times, I didn’t look at it for months. The majority of it was written in the last year before publication.

2. I couldn’t decide if I should use real celebrities or not in my book. The first time I wrote it, I used all made-up, generic celebrities with the idea that they could fit into anyone’s idea of their favorite celebrity. Then I went back, and changed them into real celebrities that we would all recognize. I wasn’t comfortable with that either, so I gave them made-up names, but
left their real descriptions. When that didn’t feel quite right. I finally decided that completely fictitious, but vividly described, celebrities was how I wanted to go.

3. A large portion of my book was written while my (at the time) baby was napping in my arms. I was only able to type with one hand because the other hand was holding her.

4. I was inspired to write The Average Girl after years of meeting and speaking with fellow fans of boy band NKOTB. They fans are an amazing group of women.

5. Like Olivia, the main character in The Average Girl, I am unable to form a coherent sentence in the presence of my favorite celebrity. I seem to be fine with other celebrities.

6.  When I come up with an idea for a story, I don’t write it down immediately. I figure that if the idea is good enough, I will remember it. If I still remember it a few days later, then I start to jot my ideas down.

7. Olivia’s original celebrity crush, Brad Griffin, has an awful lot in common with my favorite celebrity. I’m still not sure if that was on purpose or not.

8. The first page of the story is the hardest for me to write. I wouldn’t really call it writer’s block as I have all sorts of ideas floating around in my head. I just can’t seem to pinpoint how it should start. To get past the first page, I usually scribble down some incomplete sentences. When a good beginning comes to me, I go back and write it. Then rewrite it at least five more times.

9. I majored in Journalism and minored in Creative Writing in college. I have no idea where all my writings from those years are. I wish I could find them.

10. I am a horrible procrastinator. I’ve been known to rearrange the pantry, clean out closets, reorganize the garage, all in an attempt to avoid something. When it comes time to edit my writing, I usually have a very clean pantry!



About the Author

Angelina Goode began writing as a teenager. Though her first works were poems about love-struck teenagers, she grew her craft while earning her degree in Journalism and Creative Writing. A former grade school teacher that loved teaching children to write, she enjoys finding creative ways to present everyday events. Now she primarily writes light-hearted contemporary women’s fiction. She lives in Los Angeles where she enjoys the occasional celebrity sighting and year-round sun.

Angelina started gaining first-hand fan and celebrity experience as a devoted follower of her generation’s boy band. Her experience shifted in college when she interned in the promotions department for a Los Angeles based radio station and for the public relations department of a network television station. There she was able to learn about the ins and outs of promoting celebrities and all the backstage activities that are rarely seen by the public eye. She was also able to observe fans’ behavior from an objective perspective, seeing what it looks like to an outside observer.

Now she combines her experience as a loyal fan attending numerous concerts and meet and greets every year, her brief but educational stint in the entertainment industry, and a highly active imagination to create fiction for celebrity lovers of all ages.

Her latest book is the romantic comedy, The Average Girl.

For More Information
About the Book:

Title: The Average Girl
Author: Angelina Goode
Publisher: Beach Blanket Publishing
Pages: 228
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Being average can lead to wonderful things…
Olivia Fowler, helper of the star-struck, runs a successful business helping average people meet celebrities in everyday ways. Flawless at what she does, the celebrities don’t have a clue they’re part of a pre-planned meeting. Business is booming and Olivia knows everything there is to know about Hollywood’s famous and their behavior. Her clients trust her because she is just like them, not famous.
But when Olivia accidentally meets the super-famous Alexander Young at the grocery store, her world is flipped upside-down. She can’t possibly resist those charming eyes and sexy arms. As their romance blossoms, Olivia learns she may not know as much as she thought she did about celebrities and their ways.
Then Olivia’s most important and loyal client requests to meet Alexander. Suddenly, Olivia is forced to choose between her love and her business.
Will Olivia be able to keep her booming business a secret from her soon-to-be boyfriend? Will her clients still trust her if she is no longer the average girl?

For More Information

No comments:

Post a Comment